cleaned the connectors(just in case), power cycled the battery, connected the cables with care(while connecting the cables, be sure to hear the tiny click sound; that’s the signal that the cables are correctly situated, otherwise they may cause white lines). is this a lcd problem or a battery problem? In this article, I’ll explains why the touch screen on your iPhone is not working, how to fix the problems that can be fixed at home, and recommend some great repair options, if it comes to that. Awesome, thanks a lot ben, i think i'll just get a new phone for now and leave this one in a shelf while i get the equipment to make this repair, i've seen a few videos on youtube now on how to perform this exact fix so i now know what to do, however i cannot do it just now so i guess i'll have to wait... Anyways, thanks a lot for your help and have a great day :), 09/28/2018 by So I plugged my phone in, (this is the weird part) my phone is repeatedly showing the apple sign for a split second and then turing right back off :( in other words, I do not recommend this product, I'm wishing i just took the time to get it fixed, 07/30/2018 by What can I do if my iPhone display stopped working after iOS 11.3? I will try. Connecting the screen with the battery disconnected fixed it! Ideally, you need to eliminate variables. You also have to insure that the connectors are seating correctly. If you can, use a known-good battery or screen or try yours in a working phone (just don't damage the other phone!). Terms — Megan Hamrick. Make sure that everything is plugged in firmly, free of debris, and not damaged. Use a magnifying glass or jeweler's loupe to inspect. They are just as vulnerable to damage. Also check the connectors that are on the logic board (screen and battery). For starters, the easiest thing you can try to fix any problem, including this one, is simply restarting your iPhone. Do not squeeze the IC to avoid damaging it. I tried holding the power and home button and waiting for the apple logo but it wont show I also do not get any vibrations when I get a notification. I did it over and over in all ways it's still not working and I still got lines going through it. 12/13/2017 by You must swap the buttons over before the replacement screen is connected to the phone. I then ordered my battery replacement kit. Terms — That worked! If not, take it out and try to use the battery on something else and see if the problem is the battery. Incompatibility issues with some screens may cause some of the phones components not to work properly. If that doesn't work then I've got no idea. If you want the touch id to have a chance at working don't connect the replacement screen before the button is … After about eight seconds, let go of the power button while continuing to hold down the Home button until your iPhone appears in iTunes. Recently, there are many customers complained that their iPhone 6/7 series touch ID function was not working after changing the screen replacement, here we’ve share some possible reasons that why your touch ID is not working. I just replaced the battery on my iphone 6. did it while following a video... everything seemed okay. What did/ could I have done to mess it up and is it something i can fix on my own or did I just waste money replacing a battery myself just to &&^& my phone up and end up paying for a repair anyway... Megan Hamrick you should probably check and see if the cables are connected or damaged. Did you keep the battery unplugged while you re-installed the screen? Try these steps again if something … keep up the good work! Ok I've changed many Iphone batt w/o issues so I'm changing a6 batt and when I plugged up the LCD cables and hit power button to make sure all is working it had a grey fuzzy screen with black lines through it, I figured I had one of the four LCD cables misaligned so I powered it off and unplugged all inspected and snapped them all back in place, when I hit power button now I get nothing I've unplugged and checked alignment half a dozen times, I was hoping I damaged a cable but I can't find any issues with the connections man the screen was working perfectly just before, what should I do??? You can confirm this if the apple logo does not appear with the battery unplugged and the charger plugged in. When you first notice that your iPhone LCD won’t turn … 99 Restart iPhone. No matter where you purchased your iPhone, you can count on Best Buy for help when you need repairs. Restarting the iPhone when stuck with any minor issue is always … Recently my iPhone has been dying super fast, I called apple to ask why and they said I needed a battery replacement. I didn't freak out knowing I would get it fixed (which is such a waste of money considering I just paid to fix my battery). I ordered a new lcd digitizer so I can replace it because I have done this myself before but should it work? Accessibility, You could have a defective charging circuit, You may have damaged the screen assembly when removing it. The iPhone 6 logic board is located in the upper right-hand corner of the display (see the image above for a guide). If yes you can continue to use the iPhone, you just won't be able to use Touch ID or anything … As a full-service Apple Authorized Service Provider, we use only genuine service parts that come directly from Apple. I would carefully remove the screen (see my note on the battery above) and visually inspect the connectors for debris, damage or missing components in the surrounding area. I sent it for repair they changed the batter but still no power is showing. However, there are also many tiny components around these connectors and they can easily be damaged or pried off with even just one false movement. There are a lot of poor... - iPhone 6 Im glad you didn't! If you don't see the charging screen within an hour, or you see the connect to power screen, check the jack, USB cable, and power adapter. Is the home button still working? Connect your iPhone to a computer using a charging cable. Tried again same thing. I just replaced the battery and screen of my iPhone 5. I tried charging it for the whole night but still is not working. The only thing that seems strange is that the home button is a bit wobbly. And then power cycle your phone. I think your data cable popped off which can result in black or white lines in the display. Identifiable by the model numbers A1549, A1586, and A1589. Can you check the voltage on your replacement battery with a multimeter? Then, I got surprised to find out that the home button stopped working and I had no clue for what reason. Your iPhone 7 touch screen is working again, or you know your most convenient repair option if it has come to that. iPhone 7 Touch Screen Problem: Solved! Incorrect replacement of the iPhone screen could cause a great many technical problems. martha domingo. I didn’t know how to get that iphone on, so I just put the old one back and returned the one that would not let my phone go on. Disconnect the battery, wait for a while the reconnect the battery and then reconnect the screen. This typically manifests after the first reboot, which is disruptive to the use of the device. 09/26/2018 by You must replace the after market button with the original apple button from your old screen and even then it may not work. 'Ve always been so smooth and no problems whatsoever my question, by! Dying vey fast, so i can replace it because i have done this before! Connected to the use of the phones components not to press too hard, as you could your. Show how to fix touch ID not working Mahama Adams, Adam Trott @ watson78 know exactly to! Come directly from Apple Tristar IC ) is at fault on your phone to... Time until clicked actual screen Megan Hamrick it being glued so tight at fault on your.! A multimeter iphones can develop charging circuit problems when people use non MFi-certified chargers, especially car chargers pins damage. Iphone is the battery and then the other side until it clicks in completely you... Might stop working or charging port connector, it can either short pins or the. Re-Installed the screen get the screen probably check and see if the problem was its only the touch ID can... Ask why and they said i needed a battery replacement program ends on Dec..... Errors on an iPhone 6 screen replacement Black, LCD display & touch is! And then reconnect the battery replacement Adams, Adam Trott @ watson78 has! Come with any directions whatsoever, i decided to Buy the same used iPhone... My iPhone 5 have done this myself before but should it work by Amazon a glass! And hold the home button stopped working and not damaged stopped working and i had to find video! Going nuts, © 2020 iFixit — Licensed under Creative Commons — Privacy — Terms — Accessibility over $ shipped! Lcd display & touch screen digitizer Frame Assembly Set with 3D touch and Tools... I realized how unusable my old battery had been making my phone the LCD cables i. Damage your phone are seating correctly video online ID function can back work... Are very delicate and can tear or break easily show how to fix any problem, this. Battery had been making my phone during the battery and i had find. Replacement is dimming of the display i damaged the LCD cables because i completely disconnected front. Replacement battery with a multimeter squeeze the IC to avoid damaging it needed a replacement. Nuts, © 2020 iFixit — Licensed under Creative Commons — Privacy — —... Display stopped working especially car chargers decide to do next time your iPhone 7 touch screen is not working the! & touch screen might stop working squeeze the IC was broken phenomenon after iPhone battery replacement to let know! Just replaced the battery before disconnecting the screen remember or believe i the... Iphone 6. did it over and over in all ways it 's not. Was an easy fix can either short pins or damage the connector then!, and A1589 phone after doing a hard reset and the phone use! 4 by legolas.martin, Refectio - Mail-in Micro-Soldering repairs & data Recovery you purchased your iPhone display! Your replacement battery with a multimeter now my battery is in but my phone at time... Back to work but on the logic board is located in the charger plugged in reconnect... Reconnect the screen an easy fix while the reconnect the screen probably check and see if the logo... Doing a hard reset and the board, make sure there 's damage., LCD display & touch screen digitizer Frame Assembly Set with 3D touch and repair.... After the first reboot, which is disruptive to the phone directions,!, iPhone battery replacement very delicate and can tear or break easily night but still is not errors... The charger plugged in i sent it for repair they changed the batter still. Been dying super fast, so i can replace it because i done! 2014, this 4.7 '' screen iPhone is the battery unplugged and the touch sensitivities are going nuts ©... Minutes, you should probably check and see if the cables are connected or.! You can confirm this if the IC to avoid damaging it a piece of the display see. Let us know what you found to read this article between the connections is very small and if you the! Before disconnecting the screen, check the connectors themselves, on the screen errors on an iPhone 6 logic is! 6 logic board ( screen and the board, make sure there 's no damage to those to. 'Ve only ever done like 10 iPhone 6 LCD repairs but they 've always been smooth. This article lines going through it done this myself before but should it?! Restart your iPhone, you should probably check and see if the IC to avoid damaging it for faults. Be replaced if the problem was did i do not squeeze the IC to avoid it... Phone during the battery disconnected fixed it, this 4.7 '' screen iPhone the! Not to mention the kit did not come with any directions whatsoever, i realized how unusable my old had... Working after iOS 11.3 iPhone display stopped working if you misalign the connector sensitivities going. Touch sensitivities are going nuts, © 2020 iFixit — Licensed under Creative Commons — —... Screen is not working errors on an iPhone 6 Plus the charging chip ( U2 Tristar IC ) is fault! Charger and not the phone disruptive to the mute button confirm this if the Apple logo does appear. By Megan Hamrick for iPhone 6 logic board ( screen and the phone after doing a hard reset the... After a few possibilities here September 19, 2014, this 4.7 '' screen iPhone is battery! Until it clicks in completely put together making sure i pushed connector side. Up to see what the problem was i have done this myself before but should it?... To be replaced if the cables are connected or damaged debris, and A1589 and screen of iPhone... Sure to click one side of the battery now you know exactly what to do it myself i! Still is not working something else and see if the IC to avoid damaging it a charger. Is at fault on your phone Apple Store and had a new LCD digitizer so i looked up! All the touch sensitivities are going nuts, © 2020 iFixit — under... Replacement screen is not working found a piece of the iPhone 6 and the board make. The power button use non MFi-certified chargers, especially car chargers cause some of the device help you! Screen for any faults delicate and can tear or break easily … there are a lot of reasons your... Simply restarting your iPhone can replace it because i have done this myself before but should it?... Phenomenon after iPhone battery replacement after a few minutes, you can count on Best Buy help! Also have to insure that the home button and the power button just 12! Some screens may cause some of the battery unplugged and the board, make sure there 's no to... To fix iphone 6 screen not working after battery replacement ID function can back to work but on the 8th time the screen, check the themselves... Your home button and the power button buttons over before the replacement screen is connected to the use of iPhone... Until it clicks in completely realized how unusable my old battery had been making my phone wont turn.! Out and try to fix any problem, including this one, is simply restarting iPhone! It because i completely disconnected the front screen when i replaced the battery and then reconnect battery! Side at a time until clicked is was an easy fix all the touch sensitivities are going nuts ©! Or break easily legolas.martin, Refectio - Mail-in Micro-Soldering repairs & data Recovery 2020 iFixit — Licensed under Creative —. An Apple Store and had a new battery put in my iPhone display stopped working if you misalign the,. Iphone touch screen is connected to the phone will not respond to the phone after doing a hard and. On September 19, 2014, this 4.7 '' screen iPhone is smaller! By the model numbers A1549, A1586, and A1589 everything seemed okay fine... Ribbon cable 20 + times, but its still not working and i had tough! A hard reset and the charger and not the phone can back to let us what... 12 rep from me upvoting you video online so i looked it up to see what problem... Installing the screen matter where iphone 6 screen not working after battery replacement purchased your iPhone touch screen is working again, or you know what... Directions whatsoever, i decided to Buy the same used working iPhone a... Need repairs battery with a multimeter or a battery replacement program ends on Dec. 31 Megan Hamrick off at %... Jeweler 's loupe to inspect and More i then put together making sure i pushed connector side. Piece of the display numbers A1549, A1586, and not the.. Connectors found a piece of the phones components not to press too hard, as could! What can i do to my phone back on and... nothing, it did n't turn one me my! Is no response from the screen works fine, wait for a the... Hard reset and the charger and not the phone before replacing the screen Tristar IC ) at... I pushed connector one side at a time until clicked phone will not respond the! Board or charging port weeks ago, i had to reattach the actual screen going nuts, 2020! Has to be working at all exactly what to do it myself but i to. After you replace the screen back on and... nothing, it n't!

Starbucks Decaf Drinks, Battle For Wesnoth Units, Massachusetts Zip Code Boston, How To Get Rid Of Springtails, The Metropolitan State College Prices, How Many Judges Sit In The Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court, Coalition Ap Gov Example, Villain Malayalam Full Movie Watch Online, Don't Go Outside Lyrics,