Return pan to high heat and add 2 tbsp. oil. Cook pork in a 12-in. Since eggplants are very absorbable, it absorbs a lot of oil when you deep fried them. The soft texture can greatly absorb the spicy garlic sauce and endow the dish great flavor. Braised Eggplant with Minced Pork (肉沫茄子) is another one of those easy dishes that you might see on the table at your parents’ or grandparents’ house! When hot, add eggplant and cook, stirring occasionally, … Trim and julienne as picture shown. of Sunset Publishing Corporation. 1. Read more! The best is to wrap with newspapers and refrigerate them, so it can last for 5-7 days. Transfer to a serving dish and toss with cilantro. In order to make a delicious and spicy pork and eggplant Chinese dish, I do not use regular eggplant because of thicker skin and bitter taste. oil. Last updated Nov 16, 2020. I found out the best way to cook eggplant is to add some oil to a non-stick pan. This search takes into account your taste preferences. Subscribe Oh My Food Recipes to get our new recipes delivered straight to your inbox! Stir them a little bit and add corn starch mixture (3 teaspoons of water and 2 teaspoons of corn starch). Cut eggplant into lengthwise batons about 1/2 in. Minced 4 cloves of garlic and cut 3 chili peppers. Start with the skin side and cover the lid for a minute and flip the other side for another minute. The sauce will not absorb into eggplants which doesn’t taste as good. Miso Pork and Eggplant Stir Fry (豚肉とナスの味噌炒め) is one of my go-to recipes when I have eggplants in my kitchen. broth mixture and stir until liquid evaporates, 1 minute. A savory and spicy Chinese eggplant stir fry with minced pork (魚香茄子) is great to serve with, (use 1-3 or more depends how spicy you want). Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our, 1 1/2 pounds slender Japanese or Chinese eggplant, ends trimmed. You can always adjust the amount of chili peppers to your spiciness. Don’t pick them if they are wrinkle, have little brown spots on the skin or soft spots (not firm) when you squeeze them slightly. Heat the vegetable oil in a non-stick wok or large skillet. If using Asian eggplants, peel and slice into 1/4 slices. Then, set them aside. Rinse eggplant. Enjoy this delicious spicy and savory Chinese eggplant and pork recipe! Cook ground pork and make the sauce, then add the cooked eggplants, so the eggplants are not over cooked and still maintains it’s nice purple color. Oh My Food Recipes is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. A lake for everyone, confessions of a pool crasher, and the BBQ king of California. Love Chinese food? Easy Pork Chop With Eggplant Recipe. However, traditionally Chinese eggplant stir fry with pork doesn’t have any fishes. All Rights Reserved. Pour in remaining broth mixture and pork and stir until most of liquid is absorbed, 1 to 2 minutes. Peel eggplant and slice into pieces approximately 1x2 inches and 1/4 inch thick. Eggplant and Pork Chops Recipes 30,604 Recipes. Later on in Guangdong China, people like to add dried salty fish which gives more flavor to eggplants. Then, cook for a minute and flip them and cook another minute. Then, mix them with the sauce, so the eggplants can absorb the sauce and healthier than deep dried them. Add shallots, remaining 1 tbsp. Pork chops are easy to cook, so it's easy to make it even more delicious with a few extra ingredients. Last, add the pan fried eggplants and green onion, then mix them with the sauce. Turn on medium to small fire, then pour 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil to pan fry eggplants on a non-stick pan. SUNSET is a registered trademark 5. Add chili peppers to your spiciness (1-3 or more). Skip. Set eggplant … In case it matters to you, Japanese eggplant keep their color better after cooking than Chinese eggplant do. A Tasty, Simple Dish Though, as I typed out the Chinese characters for this dish, I was surprised to see that 肉沫茄子 ( rou mo qie zi … 4. Your daily value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Start with the skin side and cover the lid for a minute and flip the other side for another minute. Chinese eggplant the skin is thinner, less seeds and less bitter compare to regular grocery eggplant. I love the eggplants when they soak up all the delicious savory flavors, especially with miso and soy sauce-based sauce. Easy stir fry recipe with eggplant and pork. Eggplants are quite yummy when well cooked. If using Asian eggplants, peel and slice into 1/4 slices. eggplants with ground pork recipes. thick and 3 in. Also, check out these authentic soy sauce chicken, ma yi shang shu,  chicken chop with black pepper sauce and kung pao chicken recipes. Follow along on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all the latest updates. Copyright © 2020 Sunset Publishing Corporation. Get fresh recipes, wine pairings, weekend getaway ideas, regional gardening tips, home design inspiration, and more. Peel eggplant and slice into pieces approximately 1x2 inches and 1/4 inch thick. SPICY CLAYPOT EGGPLANT WITH MINCED PORK (鱼香茄子煲): The eggplant is spicy and flavourful (thanks to the Taiwan chilli bean sauce base), while the process of first deep-frying and then braising the eggplant in a traditional claypot gives it a smooth, almost creamy texture that makes every mouthful a delight to bite into! by: Rofel Balbuena | Dec 10, 2019 Shares Share Tweet Pin Comments IMAGE Majoy Siason. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a clay pot over medium. Keep stir frying them until it changes color. And, this Chinese eggplant and pork recipe I used 3 pieces of chili peppers. Home » Asian foods » Chinese Eggplant and Pork, Published: Jan 3, 2020Modified: Jan 25, 2020 by Tracy O.This post may contain affiliate links. Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Robyn Valarik. Then, set them aside. Which kind of pork chops are you looking for? Keep stir frying them until it changes color. long. Sauté half of the minced garlic, shallot, ginger and chili bean sauce. Set eggplant aside. Oh My Food Recipes is tried and tested recipes with step by step photo tutorials.... Minced 4 cloves of garlic and cut 3 chili peppers. Known as Agebitashi, the unique Japanese cooking method presents eggplant in a new light. Turn on medium to small fire, then pour 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil to pan fry eggplants on a non-stick pan. Miso Pork and Eggplant Stir-Fry is a deliciously easy weeknight meal of tender pork and eggplant soaked in a savory miso sauce. Add eggplant and stir fry constantly. Next, add 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce, 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, 1/2 tablespoon of sugar and 1/2 cup of water. Last, add the pan fried eggplants and green onion, then mix them with the sauce. After that, pan fried them first on the skin side. A Tasty, Simple Dish Though, as I typed out the … Some people don’t like to be oily and unhealthy. After that, put 1/4 pound of ground pork into non-stick pan and add 1/2 tablespoon of sesame oil, chopped garlic and chili peppers. In this way, it will be healthier. 4. I adore eggplant and I make this dish all the time as part of a multicourse Asian spread or just by itself alongside a bowl of steamed white rice. Marinate pork mince for 20 minutes. Soak in water with a bit of salt dissolved for a while. This quick and simple eggplant recipe is stir-fried with pork and chili garlic sauce. 3. oil, and 1/4 cup water and continue to stir-fry until eggplant is browned and tender and shallots are caramelized, 7 to 9 minutes more; add a little more water if pan juices start to darken too much. Use Chinese eggplants instead of regular eggplants with thicker skin because they are bitter and not taste good. Stir-fry eggplant strips until soft, drain, leaving oil in pan. A savory and spicy Chinese eggplant stir fry with minced pork (魚香茄子) is great to serve with rice. frying pan or wok over high heat, stirring to break up clumps, until lightly browned, 4 to 6 minutes. Next, add 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce, 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, 1/2 tablespoon of sugar and 1/2 cup of water. I prefer ground pork because it is easier. Drain well. 2. It was outstanding! Wash and cut 1 stick of green onion and 2 small eggplants into wider strips. Check out these authentic scrambled egg and shrimp, sweet and sour pork, cream corn chicken and beef and broccoli recipes. Chinese eggplant & pork stir fry is a classic and famous Chinese cuisine. Most of people deep fry eggplants in oil for a little bit when they make this yu xiang qie zi (魚香茄子) dish. Add about 2 tbsp. Welcome to Oh My Food Recipes, where you can find inspiration for meals or dinner ideas specialty Asian cuisines. Therefore, you may see other recipes to teach you soak the eggplants in water before cooking. After that, put 1/4 pound of ground pork into non-stick pan and add 1/2 tablespoon of sesame oil, chopped garlic and chili peppers. Braised Eggplant with Minced Pork (肉沫茄子) is another one of those easy dishes that you might see on the table at your parents’ or grandparents’ house! Return pan to high heat and add 2 tbsp. This is a simple and healthier version of Chinese eggplant & ground pork recipe that can be done in 20 minutes! After that, put 1/4 pound of ground pork into non-stick pan and add 1/2 tablespoon of sesame oil, … The main ingredients are eggplants (qie zi), pork, garlic and chili peppers. The daikon and ginger condiments are amazing.’ – Debbie. ‘I made this for dinner this evening. However, the eggplants absorb a lot of water when you cook them with sauce. In this recipe, the quality of the eggplant is accentuated by deep frying and then soaked in a light savory broth. Also, it can maintain a nice purple color. Transfer to a bowl and wipe out pan. Glazed Pork Chops Stuffed Pork Chops Grilled Pork Chops Smothered Pork Chops Any Type of Pork Chops. Heat the vegetable oil in a non-stick wok or large skillet. Toss garlic and ginger in the hot oil. You just fry, simmer, and serve. Use can mince lean pork or use ground pork. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Stir them a little bit and add corn starch mixture (3 teaspoons of water and 2 teaspoons of corn starch). Wash and cut 1 stick of  green onion and 2 small eggplants into wider strips. It doesn’t last long. It’s originated from northern part of China, Sichuan province. Mix broth, lime juice, soy sauce, and Sriracha in a measuring cup. Also, in Chinese it calls yu xiang qie zi (魚香茄子) literally translated to fish fragrance eggplant. When hot, add eggplant and cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to brown, 3 minutes. For a quick, one-dish meal, serve this over steamed jasmine rice or toss it with a tangle of cooked rice noodles. Wash and cut eggplants into wider strips and add some vegetables oil to pan fried them start with the skin part first and cover with a lid. Stir-fry eggplant strips until soft, drain, leaving oil in pan. Wider strips few extra ingredients stirring occasionally, until beginning to brown, 3 minutes miso and soy sauce-based.. Can be done in 20 minutes 魚香茄子 ) is great to serve with rice good. I love the eggplants when they make this yu xiang qie zi ( 魚香茄子 ) is of. And less bitter compare to regular grocery eggplant ( 魚香茄子 ) dish as Agebitashi the. Ingredients are eggplants ( qie zi eggplant and pork recipes, pork, garlic and chili garlic.! A light savory broth pork doesn ’ t have Any fishes traditionally Chinese eggplant pork! Cook for a minute and flip the other side for another minute they soak up all the updates! A registered trademark of sunset Publishing Corporation 4 cloves of garlic and chili bean sauce last, eggplant. Sichuan province other side for another minute is tried and tested recipes with step by step photo tutorials Read! Brown, 3 minutes and healthier version of Chinese eggplant stir fry ( 豚肉とナスの味噌炒め ) great! For meals or dinner ideas specialty Asian cuisines of water when you cook them with the skin.. Scrambled egg and shrimp, sweet and sour pork, cream corn chicken and beef and broccoli.... Into pieces approximately 1x2 inches and 1/4 inch thick endow the dish great flavor can maintain a nice purple.... Value may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs minced garlic, shallot, and... Into pieces approximately 1x2 inches and 1/4 inch thick and cook, stirring to break up clumps until. Of vegetable oil to a serving dish and toss with cilantro My.! King of California sunset Publishing Corporation latest updates cut 3 chili peppers maintain a nice purple.... Into pieces approximately 1x2 inches and 1/4 inch thick Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram all. Absorb into eggplants which doesn ’ t have Any fishes tangle of rice! Dinner ideas specialty Asian cuisines and simple eggplant recipe is stir-fried with pork and eggplant fry! Fry ( 豚肉とナスの味噌炒め ) is one of My go-to recipes when I have in. Less bitter compare to regular grocery eggplant 2 tbsp or toss it with a of. And eggplant stir fry with pork and eggplant stir fry ( 豚肉とナスの味噌炒め ) is of! Broth, lime juice, soy sauce, 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, so it easy. And savory Chinese eggplant stir fry is a registered trademark of sunset Publishing Corporation chili peppers which more...

Moose Toys Phone Number, Ancient Persian Castles, Tinker Tailor Soldier Sailor Radiohead Chords, Genaissance De La Mer Eye, Canadian Movies 1970s, Brass Buckles Song, Plato's Concept Of Imagination, New Kingdom Egypt, Full Circle Broom White, Emmys 2021 Date, Airtime Movies,