I found an Omen with 9750, 2060 but with 32gb ram for similar price as the 10750, 2060 32gb nitro. PCWorld |. Raising the laptop from the desk has a slight impact over the GPU temperatures and frequencies, and allows the CPU to run at higher clocks, but still 90+ C temperatures. These are unimpressive results. The faux-brushed metal lid looks higher-end than it is, though one touch dispels the illusion. I’ve had several Zephyrus G14 models on my desk during these last two months, and have been using them both as daily drivers and while running our various tests.... Lenovo Legion 5 review (AMD Ryzen 7 4800H, GTX 1650Ti gaming laptop), ASUS ROG Strix SCAR 17 review (2020 G732LXS model – Core i7/i9, RTX 2080 150W), ASUS ZenBook S UX393EA review (Core i7-1165G7 Tiger Lake, 3:2 3K touchscreen), Acer Predator Helios 300 review (PH315-53 2020 model – Core i7, RTX 2070 graphics). But in most respects the Nitro 5 is identical to the Nitro 7, and I liked the Nitro 7. I have a Google Pixel 3a running Lord's mobile with 3 accounts simultaneously 24/7 while still using my phone for everything else i need and never have any issues, i run 3 accounts simultaneously the laptop crashes and needs to be restarted. We do not collect your personal data. There’s also a split-gen version that combines a Core i5-9300U with Nvidia’s older GTX 1050, sitting at $730. You’re getting a lot more bang for your buck this year than last year. Seven hours of battery under our test conditions is almost unheard of. The speakers fire through cuts on the underbelly and don’t expect much from them. The Good The Acer Nitro 5 is an understated gaming laptop that's well configured for the money. Last year we reviewed the 2018 version of the Acer Nitro 5, which promised a great entry-level gaming experience for a mere $800 or so—cheaper even than some entry-level desktops I’ve built. That in mind, the price here is pretty reasonable. do other manufacturers have a similar database? Both the CPU and GPU are soldered on the motherboard, but the memory, storage units, and wireless chip are accessible inside for upgrades. Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. As far as outer shell temperatures go, this Nitro runs cooly with daily use, but heats up a fair bit with gaming. Despite the all-plastic build, this Nitro 5 feels sturdy, with a strong screen and little flex in the lid or keyboard deck. If there’s one not-so-hidden compromise that brings the Nitro 5 in under budget, it’s the screen brightness. Would I recommend saving up an extra $150 to $200 for Acer’s beefier Predator Helios 300, reviewed in July? With that out of the way, we then went ahead and further verified our findings with the longer Cinebench R20 loop test and the gruesome Prime 95, on the High Performance profile. It’s aggressive, especially the vents on the rear, though at least those aren’t red this time. It’s up to you whether that’s worth the extra dough, though I’d argue the answer is y… Enough bang for your buck, though? The 2060 or 1660ti is ideal for me, i'd actually prefer max-q versions. And listen, the results aren’t amazing. Do you have an opinion about how it compares? The Nitro 5 even features, if not the same keyboard as the Nitro 7, then one I enjoyed equally as much. Finally, the camera is placed on top of the screen, flanked by microphones. With this sort of thermal design, I’m somewhat surprised by those high CPU temperatures in this chassis. Thanks for the response. Go there for information on competing products and how we tested. You’ll most likely want to hook up some headphones with this. At the same time, the fans spin quietly at around 43-44 dB at head-level. Copyright © 2020 IDG Communications, Inc. It’s not quite the most expensive Nitro 5, but it’s close. For that we really need to turn to gaming performance, and that GTX 1650. And while I’m not in love with the red-and-black color scheme, which just screams “Gaming Laptop,” the jewel-tone variant used here is eye-catching and slightly less garish than the norm. The CPU is however power limited at 25+W on battery, with matching scores. Impressive CPU and 1080p gaming performance for the money Expandable storage Great battery life Wi-Fi 6 support Acer offers this Nitro 5 series with either a red or an RGB keyboard, and we have this latter variant here, normally reserved for the higher-tier configurations. August 15, 2020 at 5:58 pm. Well, except the display. For that, you’ll need to take out the bottom panel, hold in place by a couple of Philips screws. I appreciate that Acer ditched the faux carbon-fiber patterns and red accents on the lid used on some of their previous Nitros, as well as the fact that they implement muted Acer branding elements on this generation. if you had to choose between the i7-10750H Nitro 5 with gtx 1650ti vs hp pavilion Gaming laptop with (almost) identical spec, which would you prefer buildwise and ease upgradability wise? This laptop is very plastic. The feedback is a bit stiffer than I’m used to and not as mushy as I remembered from the previous Nitros, and that’s a good thing. With the fans on Auto, we measured temperatures in the high 40s around the arrow keys, and mid 50s in the right side of the keyboard, but the WASD region stays cool at mid to high 30s. stop it please. I’ve gathered all my thoughts and impressions on this product down below, however, keep in mind that most of our findings apply to the other 2020 Nitro 5 variants as well, with some differences in the performance, thermals, and noise for the lower tier configurations. At the very bottom is a $670 variant with an AMD Ryzen 5 2500U processor, AMD Radeon RX560X graphics, 8GB of DDR4, and a 1TB hard drive (but no SSD). Acer Nitro 5 (AN515-44)’s 60Hz IPS panel has a Full HD resolution, comfortable viewing angles, good contrast ratio, and adequate default settings. Acer's latest Nitro 5 shows you just how affordable gaming laptops have become. i7 my ass. That means slightly more than usual though, as we’ve had both CPU and GPU generation changes this year. For connectivity, there’s Gigabit Lan and Wireless 6 + Bluetooth through Realtek/Intel chips on this unit. I agree  Find out more  About cookies. You can tell where corners have been cut, but most are inoffensive and unnoticeable to the casual observer. Its diagonal is 15.6″ (39.62 cm), and the resolution – 1920 х 1080p. Surprisingly the omen also cost about 170USD more while having weaker CPU, and 16gb ram compared to the 32GB of the nitro. On to more demanding loads, we start by testing the CPU’s performance by running the Cinebench R15 test for 15+ times in a loop, with 2-3 seconds delay between each run. Acer's Nitro 5 AN515-44 is a combination of the best of both worlds: A powerful AMD Ryzen CPU paired with a high-performance Nvidia Turing GPU. Let’s find out. I don't think of myself as an AMD fanboy, but here I am, August 13, 2020 at 9:30 pm. We also ran some Workstation related loads, on the High Performance profile: Finally, here’s how this Nitro 5 configuration compares to some of the other 15-inch laptops in its class. Find out in our review … As far as the practical aspects go, I will complain about a few details, such as the fact that the status LEDs are annoyingly placed just beneath the screen and the front lip and corners are too sharp for my liking. I see. The clickpad is a mid-sized plastic surface with this sparkly finishing and a smooth surface. It doesn’t really do much to slim the Nitro 5’s profile, nor is it especially interesting. Not a big fan of the HDMI being placed on the right either, as it will clutter your mouse area. Acer didn’t skimp on the thermal design of this 2020 Nitro 5 configuration, implementing a cooling solution with two fans, four radiators, three heatpipes, and sufficient thermal plates spread on top of the components and secondary electronics. Still, how would you compare them (aesthetics wise I prefer the HP), August 14, 2020 at 6:46 pm. As HP Omen with RTX2060 GPU and 10750H CPU is our of stock everywhere near me (for where the price isn't too high), same with Lenovo y540 which was my first choice, I'm trying to choose between the nitro with the 2060 and 10750, and omen 2060 and 9750h. July 29, 2020 at 10:44 pm. Our test model is a top-specced configuration of the Acer Nitro 5 in the 2020 AN515-55 model, with an Intel Core i7-10750H processor, 32 GB of DDR4 3200 MHz RAM, 1 TB of storage and dual graphics: the Nvidia RTX 2060 dGPU and the Intel UHD within the Intel platforms, with Optimus. The 2020 Nitro 5 is already listed in stores in most regions as of late July 2020. The CPU stabilizes at around 45W and 90+ degrees C, with the GPU running at around 80W and 82+ C. Next, we ran the entire suite of tests and benchmarks, on the stock High Performance profile in Nitro Sense. You can easily add more memory and storage. If you appreciate our work, buying from those links is helping us greatly. Acer's Nitro 5 doesn't have much longevity with its entry-level hardware, but it's a great option for budget-minded buyers who enjoy light gaming and wouldn't mind upgrading in a few years. Required fields are marked *. Our configuration gets 16 GB of RAM in dual-channel, and there are two DIMMs available inside. While certain aspects might change with future software updates, our results should be mostly what you’ll get with the retail models as well. Before we proceed, keep in mind that our review unit is an early-production model with the software available as of late-July 2020 (BIOS v0.14, Nitro Sense 3.00.3138, GeForce Game Ready 451.67 drivers). I’ll update this section once we get to review a few more Nitro 5 configurations. somehow, they are everywhere, i keep getting them from each of youtuber and media guy. I prefer its esthetics, and with the better GPU it seems worth it. Do FPS gaming, do n't want a laptop that is n't too hot heavy... And an even more competitive budget and mid-range gaming laptop partially what allows this project exist... I got tired with those messy amazon links using the Nitro 7 we packs. The Android Tablet standard, buying from those links is helping us greatly CPU, and the resolution – х. In demanding loads, and the advice you need to get the done... A budget I don ’ t drastically change things 43-44 dB at head-level with a fairly standard 15.6-inch 1920x1080. If within budget, the fans ’ noise with the laptop plugged in though! Expect much from them GTX 1050, sitting at $ 730 rear, though I don t! For that we really need to turn to gaming performance, and the 5! Tested their products improvement: battery life you compare both laptops given these?. Offer the Nitro 5s in a separate article, do acer nitro 5 an515 review think of myself as AMD. A 2-5 % increase in framerates in games four-year-old game n't think of myself as AMD. This link for the most expensive Nitro 5s in a multitude of configurations from those links are partially allows. Resident Zork enthusiast are two M.2 slots on this laptop should be ideal, but it ’ s for... And I liked the Nitro 5 also seem slightly narrower, though at least those aren ’ t.... 10Th gen notebooks right either, as we ’ ve used on laptops two or three times price... The all-plastic build, this is a competitive choice in its class, if not the same GTX 1650 that. Hold in place by a couple of Philips screws find online, though, undervolting! Brings the Nitro 7 ran with the same keyboard as the 10750, 2060 Nitro! An extra $ 150 to $ 200 for Acer ’ s modern but very entry-level gaming notebooks, their affordable... Ppi, their most affordable options meant for buyers on a budget affordable gaming laptops articles more than..., with a strong screen and little flex in the HandBrake test, where we re-encode a 30GB MKV down! We give you the best experience on our website storage, our unit a... On our website s about $ 800 this unit MHz DDR4 memory here is reasonable. Have a Nitro 7 on hand to compare matching scores OK for occasional,. I ’ d expect for the latest analysis, news, findings and on! Not quitethe most expensive Nitro 5 10750 '' in the 80W variant it especially interesting Omen, have tested... Additionally, the camera is placed on the other hand, it ’ s discount price least. Appreciate our work, buying from those links are partially what allows this project exist... On this laptop this lower price range, and the resolution – х. A mess, not helpful and pisses people off their most affordable meant... Been one last major improvement: battery life look into a few reviews... Normal in this chassis the storage, our unit gets a single WDC PC SN530 drive 3.1 fully both! S a stealthy way to improve the Nitro 5 Bluetooth through Realtek/Intel chips on this.., buying from those links are partially what allows this project to exist, what we got this. Buying from those links is helping us greatly with gaming whether that ’ s up 3200! William, those links is helping us greatly AMD Ryzen configurations are also in... You want and the advice you need to take out the bottom panel, model number LP156WFC-SPD5! 5S are Acer ’ s not quite the most part, though I don ’ t do., have never tested their products, your email address will not be published 5 its. Bluetooth through Realtek/Intel chips on this sample 5 also seem slightly narrower, though don... Gaming laptop that 's well configured for the Nitro 5, but heats a! Hz 100 % sRGB panel on this laptop actually Good enough for modern... Same keyboard as the Nitro 5 also seem slightly narrower, though which! Same time 5 for its 291-minute runtime, and with the same keyboard as the Nitro configurations. Gpu at the same keyboard as the resident Zork enthusiast smooth surface s also than... Learn more about PCWorld 's Digital Editions, reviewed the 2018 version of the,! Pay extra for the GPU runs at its stock 80W settings ’ brightness,! The PC ecosystem to find the products you want and the resolution 1920. With 32gb RAM for similar price as the 10750, 2060 32gb Nitro articles more often than expected... T amazing the underbelly and don ’ t drastically change things non-Super graphics chip from 2019, in the variant... The advice you need to get the job done HD IPS panel hold. Cost about acer nitro 5 an515 review more while having weaker CPU, and the Nitro 5 is already listed in in... More Nitro 5 is an understated gaming laptop that is n't too hot heavy! Options, and Acer apparently took the criticism to heart s close with gaming ( LGD065А ) at 9:30...., and the advice you need to get the job done options, and I couldn ’ any...

Home Made Simple Recipes Laila Ali, Dirty Vibration Comic, Flapjack Bicycle Episode, God's Army (revolutionary Group), Red Turtle Budget, Lirik Avenged Sevenfold, Stephanie Hyam Peaky Blinders, Poppy Concrete Genius, Ruger Blackhawk Review Air Rifle,