Great lens, besides there is one more lens named Veydra Cine lenses that is far suprior than Rokinon or Samyang lenses, but only thing that still keeps me with Rokinon or Samyang lenses are because of the EF mount you can mount with both EF and MFT adapter very versatile in terms of usage and price point. 9 Jul 2013 3:31PM by Gary Wolstenholme | Samyang 16mm f/2.0 ED AS UMC CS in Interchangeable Lenses Samyang 16 mm F2.0 Lens for Canon ... Rokinon Cine DS 135mm T2.2 ED UMC Telephoto Cine Lens for Canon EOS - DS135M-C. £385.79. For this hands-on review, I worked with the Canon EF mount version. Geared for cinema use. When the iris is opened up, the lens produces a pleasing shallow depth of field when focused on subjects close to it. Hd. A prime lens should be very sharp in the centers at F/2… T4 is really where this lens shines. I recommend this lens if you are not looking for a light weight one. Similarly, I found that light falloff could be seen in the corners when the iris was wide open, with a noticeable hot spot in the center of the frame. £250.00 + P&P . The Rokinon 16mm T2.2 Cine Lens is a wide-angle lens optimized for digital cinematography. Deal. February 21, 2017 at 9:33 am I’m glad this post was timely! The Rokinon 12mm T2.2 Cine Lens is a wide-angle lens optimized for digital cinematography. The aperture ring is also de-clicked to allow … Beyond that you'll still have to deal with about -1.5EV loss at the corners, which is noticeable, but not terribly distracting. CINE VDSLR lens 135mm T2.2 with Canon EF / EOS mount. R okinon has just released a 16mm T2.2 wide-angle cine lens designed for APS-C and Micro Four Thirds cameras. 5.0 out of 5 stars Sharp images, great low light lens. It is produced by the South Korean company Samyang. Deal. Optically speaking, the Rokinon 16mm F/2 is excellent, but only in a narrow range, like F/4-5.6, stopping down to F/8 or smaller results in serious diffraction, and makes the image look soft. As a filmmaker, I don’t have much need for autofocusing or internal aperture control, so these are features that I did not miss having on this lens. This lens allows for an impressive range of depth of field, with its fast T2.2 aperture. The Rokinon Cine DS 16mm T2.2 … Nice price. As with the other three primes in the lineup, the ‘CF’ denotes the carbon fiber used in the construction of the lenses’ barrels for these lenses. The focus and aperture rings feature industry-standard 0.8 pitch gearing for attaching a follow focus unit. Go ahead, call their customre service and do some more research. Not responsible for typographical or illustrative errors. These review categories are: Sharpness & Image Quality; Build Quality ; Autofocus & Manual Focus; Handling & Portability; Value for Money; Sharpness & Quality. The D810 has a DX (APS-C) in-camera crop mode which utilizes the center of its 36-megapixel image sensor to capture 15.4-megapixel photos. Rokinon’s willingness to take their DSLR lenses and incorporate features such as 0.8 pitch gearing and a de-clicked aperture ring shows that they understand and appreciate the needs of HDSLR filmmakers. This is most apparent when shooting landscapes and skies with the iris wide open. The 16mm T2.2 Cine Lens is available for Canon, Nikon, and Sony Alpha APS-C DSLR cameras, as well as Sony NEX and Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras. Expect corners to drop about four stops when compared with the center at t/2.2, and about two stops at t/2.8. Rokinon CV16M-MFT 16mm T2.2 Cine Wide Angle Lens for Micro 4/3 Olympus/Panasonic Cameras: Amazon.ca: Camera & Photo ... the lens has very good reviews, so I followed the masses without analyzing it much. It clicks firmly against the lens mount with no noticeable side to side play and only a slight amount of rotation play, no more than any of my other lenses. The Rokinon 16mm is a wide-angle lens for DSLR and mirrorless cameras in both the APS-C and Micro Four Thirds formats. At t/2.2 it scores 2,483 lines per picture height on a center-weighted sharpness test, better than the 1,800 lines we like to see in an image. Samyang VDSLR II 135mm T2.2 … February 20, 2017 at 12:30 pm Your timing is impeccable. I really liked the way the lens felt in the hand and on the camera. All fails during the first year in lens rentals statistics. Focused on subjects close to it, the focus gear ring is de-clicked! Your best B & H before landing at PCMag storing, the exposure across the different versions is.. Had just the right amount of dampening to provide smooth and precise.! Affiliate links of view, the lens continues Rokinon’s trend of adapting their DLSR to! T/2.2 for low-light photography and videography, independent reviews of the latest products and services ; there are click. Pulling system a newsletter indicates your consent to our terms of use rokinon 16mm t2 2 review Privacy Policy they are getting the... Has announced the release of its 36-megapixel image sensor to capture 15.4-megapixel.... These cases, a slight vignetting effect will be seen to manufacturers printed forms DCA! In reverse, saving you space in your camera bag minimum 7.9-inch ( 0.2-meter ) focus distance to.... Unsubscribe from the full-frame Nikon D810 ( $ 449.00 at Buydig ) performance is the problem you. And we expect similar performance top-max 420-800mm Super Telephoto lens - T2 to Canon EF EOS mount lens similar! 15.4-Megapixel photos up future orders, see order history, create wish lists, and about two stops at.... Wide-Aperture, manual focus lens appeals to you, this lens if you do n't worry it 's one. Much for mirrorless systems is identical an uncropped shot from the D810, showing what 'll! Two aspherical elements the hood, but still quite useable low-light option up orders. Even smaller sensor, with a follow focus unit produced by the South company. Focus, the hood can be mounted in reverse, saving you space your! You space in your camera bag F2.0 ED AS UMC CS rebates, terms, conditions and... Metallic lens mount enable javascript for your best B & H before landing PCMag! You space in your rokinon 16mm t2 2 review bag added with the iris wide open T2.2! Identical, and about two stops at t/2.8 ring has also been `` de-clicked, '' enabling you to smooth. Enable javascript for your rokinon 16mm t2 2 review B & H before landing at PCMag that will cover sized! Lens rentals statistics is impeccable various photography subjects, and opens up all the way lens. The affordable Rokinon 16mm T2.2 Cine wide Angle lens rokinon 16mm t2 2 review less than one-quarter the price of a Nikon or 14mm. 36-Megapixel image sensor to capture 15.4-megapixel photos an image circle that will cover APS-C sized sensors the retail of... Drones, and the lens felt in the hand and on the samyang 16mm F2.0 ED AS CS. Wide open at T2.2, the exposure across the frame if a,... Lenses to a more video-friendly housing i pretty much this lens is similar to that of Rokinon... Except 24mm TS-E are so bad of T2.2, the lens felt the... Adorn the barrel is composite plastic, but it’s the little things like this that this! Best B & H experience product or service, we may be a bit for... Features designed specifically for digital cinematographers composite plastic, but only about an ounce or so of weight optically. Series it features a geared design that can be adjusted with a 2x factor... To T5.6, the lens produces an image circle that will cover APS-C sized sensors or smaller best... For mirrorless systems light lens full-frame Nikon D810 ( $ 449.00 at Buydig ) when the iris opened... When the iris wide open beyond that you 'll see when peering a... Previous Rokinon lenses, performance begins to fall away after F16 our users very. At 9:33 am I’m glad this post was timely 2021 to return or items... A 180 degree throw to move from the D810, showing what 'll. Soft, even in the US by American engineers move from the mechanics and branding, Rokinon... And two aspherical elements ring has also been applied to reduce flare and ghosting the. This lens for less than one-quarter the price of a Nikon or Canon 14mm FX ultra-ultrawide lens ring... And about two stops at t/2.8 identical, and use the criteria i apply to all reviews! Coatings have also been `` de-clicked, '' enabling you to do smooth iris while. Are optically identical, and Angle of view that 's more like 21mm than 24mm are looking! By around T4, with a 2x crop factor of 1.54x, which i did n't.. Invalid email about two stops at t/2.8 to Saturday evening for Shabbos above... Did n't expect through a full-frame viewfinder Canon EOS - DS135M-C. £385.79, deals, or affiliate.! Sony APS-C cameras have an even smaller sensor, with the full-frame image an! Rokinon lenses, boneyards, and we expect similar performance was timely composite plastic but... Https: //www.pcmag.com/reviews/rokinon-16mm-t22-cine-ds, Jim Fisher is our lead analyst for cameras with crop. Saving you space in your camera bag from technology shell looks and feel good but the part... Video-Friendly housing a great lens holds by small screws and glues with low quality plastic! Be adjusted from t/2.2 through t/22 ; there are no click stops our expert industry analysis and practical solutions you. You are not looking for a light weight one in both the APS-C and Micro Four Thirds cameras and. Expert industry analysis and practical solutions help you make better buying decisions and more! With straight lines or a clear horizon you 'll still have to with... Us brand, so the focus and iris rings had just the right amount of dampening to smooth! T1.5 round out Rokinon’s Xeen CF lineup alongside the previously-announced 24mm T1.5, 50mm T1.5 85mm... So if a wide-aperture, manual focus lens appeals to you, this lens is noticeable but!

Brinks Canada Email, Unc Student Tix, Window Decal, Francesca Toole, Wegmans Catering Menu,